Professional Pest Control For Worcester, MA Properties
Even in the city, residents of Worcester have easy access to the natural environment and greenery the area offers. And it's easy to see why! How could you not love what the heart of Massachusetts has to offer? But because of Worcester’s endless nature, it can be challenging to avoid annoying and dangerous pests like mosquitoes and ticks. These are two pests no one wants to have in their backyard. Moreover, they pose dangerous threats to people and pets, such as spreading pathogens.
Mosquito Busters focuses on these two pests because of the overwhelming need for effective control in the area. Not only do our experts offer control services, but they also share helpful tips with our customers to protect themselves outside of their homes. We offer quick quotes to get you started and on your way to a pest-free yard! Please don't wait to contact us at Mosquito Busters; we are eager to help you enjoy the outdoors all year round.
Home Pest Control In Worcester, MA
It might always feel like a losing battle when you are dealing with mosquitos. You can light citronella candles and spray chemicals on your skin, but these are only short fixes for a much larger problem. To keep mosquitoes away from your backyard, follow these tips from Mosquito Busters:
- Reduce breeding sites by removing standing water from your backyard. This includes unclogging gutters, filling in ground holes, and making sure plants are not holding excess water.
- Keep your yard maintained by mowing the lawn, cutting back shrubbery and trees, and removing debris, so mosquitoes don't have sheltered locations.
- Only female mosquitoes consume blood, the males eat flower nectar, which is why keeping flowers in your yard to a minimum can help.
- Mosquitoes are attracted to dark colors, so you can use light-colored furniture and lawn ornaments to repel them.
For assistance with mosquitoes, turn to Mosquito Busters for unparallel services. We will help you get rid of breeding sites and give you the tools you need to keep these dangerous flying insects from coming back.
Are Worcester's American Dog Ticks Harmful To Humans?
Several species of ticks can be found in the Worcester area. One of these species is the American dog tick. Although this species is not known to spread Lyme disease, it can spread other diseases that are dangerous to people and animals such as:
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever, which can cause a high fever, muscle aches, chills, and a rash that can spread.
- Tularemia is known to be transmitted by American dog ticks and can result in a fever, chills, and ulcer at the bite site.
- The American dog tick can also cause tick paralysis, which can lead to respiratory problems and weak muscles.
For more information on American Dog Ticks, ask the professionals at Mosquito Busters. We specialize in tick control, and you will be in the best hands with assistance from one of our friendly technicians. So contact us today to get started with tick removal on your Worcester property.
Tick Control: A Guide For Worcester Residents
Ticks are small, but they are dangerous. They can spread numerous diseases that are dangerous to both people and animals. At Mosquito Busters, we believe as a Worcester resident; you should follow these tips about ticks:
- When outside in brush or leafy areas, ticks can jump onto your clothes, so you should wear long sleeves and pants. Wearing light colors can help you spot ticks easier.
- Tape your pants tight at the bottom to keep ticks from climbing up your legs.
- After you come inside, take a shower and then perform an overall body tick check.
- Check your pets as well and put them on preventatives to keep them safe.
Even with the tips above; there is more to be done when it comes to tick control. Let the experts at Mosquito Busters assist you further to make sure your family and pets are safe from ticks. Call today to learn more!
Why Is It So Hard To Control Mosquitoes In Worcester?
It can feel like no matter what you do; mosquitoes continue to plague your Worcester property. Unfortunately, this can be because of the area as a whole and not just your yard. With the Blackstone River running through Worcester, there are plenty of breeding sites available for mosquitoes to keep populating the area.
Although mosquitoes are nowhere to be found during the winter months, spring and summer will bring them back in full force. Spring tends to be full of rainfall in the Northeast, providing mosquitoes with the water and conditions they need to reproduce. In summer, when it's warm and humid, mosquitoes thrive.
Another factor that can be affecting your Worcester property is your surrounding neighbors. Again, you can be doing everything right, but if your neighbors have clogged gutters or over-water their flowers, mosquitoes will continue to breed in the area.
Experts understand pest populations in the area, which allows them to implement control methods that work. To learn more about Mosquito Busters and how we can help you control mosquitoes in Worcester, contact us today!
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.