Mosquito Busters' Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How long does it take to complete a barrier treatment and how long will it last?
10-20 minutes for average size yards (1.5 acres and under). If traditional, the individual treatment will last anywhere from 14 - 21 days based on which type it is.
- Do you treat the grass in the yard?
We primarily complete treatment around bushes and other places where mosquitoes hide including 2-3 feet out into the grass. We do not treat large areas of lawns.
- Does the mosquito treatment kill any other pests?
Yes, the product we use is a broad spectrum pesticide specifically for mosquitoes and ticks. It’s also effective against fleas, ants and spiders.
- Are the products that you use safe for children and pets?
The products that we use are pesticides and are never considered “safe”. The procedures that our technicians use to apply the products ensure your pests and families safety. It is important to follow the technician's instructions.
- Is there an All-Natural treatment option for mosquitos?
Essentria IC3 is an All Natural product that Mosquito Busters has been using since inception. It provides great protection, broad spectrum for multiple insects and is family and pet friendly. According to the product label it is safe and effective.
- Do I need to be home when the technician arrives to spray for mosquitoes or ticks?
No you do not. Notifications are automatically sent the day before service so that you are aware of when we will be there. The technician will leave a door hanger indicating we have treated and the treatment information is emailed to you as well.
- What happens if it rains right after I’ve had a treatment?
Rain should not impact the effectiveness of the service provided if the product has had time to dry. Typically the time required is about an hour (depending on humidity and temperature).
- How long should I wait to go into the yard after you’ve sprayed?
Avoid areas in which we have sprayed for at least two hours.
- How long does our season last?
Our season can begin anywhere between mid-April to mid-November, but our season ends on October 31st.
- How often do you service for traditional/all-natural services?
For traditional mosquito and all-natural tick control, we treat every 3 weeks.
For traditional tick control, we treat three times a year. Once in early spring, once in the summer, and once in the fall.
For all-natural mosquito control, we treat every 2 weeks.
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.